Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What a lovely day!

Today was simply grand. Nothing spectacular...nothing out of the ordinary. Well, I didn't clean, and now my house is trashed. Oh wait, I did clean the kids bathroom while Kelton was playing in the tub. But that was just plain icky, the rest of my house is a complete disaster. We played outside today, we went to the store, and ran a few errands (including Kelton's allergy shot where it was the 3rd time he hasn't cried or needed a bandaid. I am so proud of him)...but I was able to sit and really enjoy each one of my children today. At bedtime, I took one at a time. Taelin nursed and did tummy rubs and knees to get the gas out, snuggled...then got laid down. Chase took a quick bath b/c he was so yucky and then snuggled and got pjs on, and went down after another hug, and personal prayers/scriptures with just us. Kelton was after that...the poor kid's arm is still huge...but he took a relaxing shower/bath (likes to stand sometimes). And then said that he was so tired, but still so hungry! That boy is always hungry! Kisses, scriptures, prayers and in meds...in bed! wew!

He said the cutest thing yesterday, "Mom (he yelled from the potty)!"

"Yes, Kelton?"
(in a gruff almost angry tone) "I LOVE YOU!"
That's my boy! Rough and crazy around the edges, but oh so sweet and kind in the middle. I remind him a lot that he's not a mean boy, and he says, "Yeah I know." Because of course at this age, they know everything! :)
These little ones are my joys. I was not stressed out at any point of my day, not one bit! Even when things were crazy...I felt great! And now that I need to go and clean my house real quick, I want to remember these days. The smells of oreo shakes and not caring if they drop any on the carpet, giggling in the car and talking about why my bank password is my mom's maiden name...because it sounds like uncle ryun's name, and just looking into their eyes and letting them know how much they mean to me. Let's not forget these days mom's...lets not forget to remember them while they are this age. Cherish those chubby fingers on your face even tho they are covered in spaghetti sauce, crayon on the walls, and giggles even though you know they are tearing up something.
And Horray to all of you mom's that do this on a daily basis!

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Those days are the best!

Erin said...

Sometimes, when the day has seemed to go on forever, and I am tired and irritated, I have to remind myself to let it go and just enjoy the kids. It's nice to have those days where you dont have to remind yourself to do that!

Jessi said...

Hey, I live in Franklin Heights. I was curious if you knew what ward Corey was going to here. If he was in a student ward or not. I was just wondering if he was in our Stake. He's been busy I'm sure, so he hasn't got back to me. Anyway, you seem like you are doing a great job being a mom, even through those stressful time. Great out look on life!