Sunday, July 6, 2008

So Thankful

I was going to bear my testimony in church today, but since I spend 1/2 the time in the mother's lounge nursing Taelin since that's eating time, I just wanted to write a quick personal post.

I would like to bear my testimony because lately I have been reminded frequently what life would be life without my family, and I can't imagine it. I am thankful a loving and tender Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. I am grateful for the power of the Book of Mormon and the peace it brings into my everyday life, literally giving me strength and serenity that I much need to be a better mom, wife, sister and friend. I am grateful to have a loving husband that still asks me what's wrong, even when I say, "I'm fine." while he knows I'm not telling the truth, and hugs and kisses me anyways. I am grateful to know that my Heavenly Father listens to my prayers when I am desperately needing him. I feel his comfort and guidance when I'm not sure what else to do. I know that we can be together as a forever family, and I am so excited for that! I think above and beyond all, I know that my life would be so different without the gospel, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I love the feelings of the Holy Ghost and the prompts and personal revelation that daily recommit me to build up the Kingdom of God. I am grateful to stay home and be here where I can cultivate feelings of love and fun in my home. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Thanks for humoring me guys. Ahh...this really helped to get a lot off my chest that I've been wanting to express for a while! Have a great Sabbath Day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great testimony!! I always love hearing others testimony. Thanks for always commenting. You are so good about it and since I am new at this thing I don't have tons of people reading my blog. Thanks for the prayers and fingering crossing. We went to the doctor this morning. I have some follicles and 1 good one that he can see. He also said my uterus lining looked really good. I have to go back so he can keep looking at them. It is so weird having someone telling you when to have relations. I don't know if I will be pregnant this time but it is all helping to make my eggs good. Anyways, enough about me! How is everything going with you?

Jessi said...

hey ya ya, I don't know why I put that but it just came out, anyway, thanks so much for your comments. You are so sweet. I'm so excited for you and your calling, it is perfect for you. you will do so good! and thanks for your testimony. you have always been someone i can look to and find strength in.