On Saturday, the two little ones were sleeping, so I decided to jump on that and go clean the garage. I asked Kelton to listen for Chase and Jake was sleeping with Taelin in our room. So, while I got all of the big stuff moved and organized, I realized that Jake was awake, and that Kelton was coming out to help. I had checked on Kelton and Sat. morning cartoons a couple times, so he wanted to know what I was doing. I guess that meant he knew he could help. He came out in a coat and shoes...this is one of our conversations! And remember, he only knows he's allergic to milk and eggs (environmental things are too hard for him to remember, and we want him to be able to tell people that might offer him things he can't have)!
Kelton: "Mommy, am I a good helper?"
Me: "Yes you are. You are sweeping really great, and that is helping mommy clean out the garage! Thank you!"
Kelton: "I know. I sweep really good. Welcome." (continues to sweep junk and dirt into a pile)
Mommy: "Oh, Kelton, there is alot of dust over here, please back up, becaue you are allergic to it."
Kelton: looks at mommy really strangely and says, "Don't worry mommy, I won't eat it! Dirt is yucky!"
:) I laughed and laughed. I told Jake later that night and we both giggled about how big he is getting! Just in the past 1 1/2 weeks, he's grown up so much and his vocab is growing like crazy. He's a big help with the little ones! We love you Kelton!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment