Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Got Milk? Need Milk?

K. So, recommitted to exercising, and eating good portions sizes. If you don't me really well...then I guess you will here. #1) I'm allergic to milk (not just lactose intolerant) and get pheumonia, bronchitis, migraines, sinus issues, etc. REALLY allergic. #2) I flucuate 15 lbs regularly every cycle (5-6 weeks).

I've been neglecting myself lately and not doing the things that were neccessary. Eating right, scriptures, exercising, etc. I was eating too much chocolate (yep, which has milk). So, I was really good at exercising until mid July. Urgh. How come times flies when you don't exercise but goes so slow when you do?!?!

Anyways, I have realized that I need to control these urges and this natural body of mine. Here we go. I need to be better, and get healthier, not neccessarily skinnier (wouldn't hurt tho). Just b/c as I am doing good and exercising...those lbs start to come back slowly. Frustrating. But, hopefully by Christmas I will be able to be healthy.

This was the first day since I can remember being 12 yrs old and just getting off milk that I actually looked at a pizza and was thinking about putting it in my mouth! I had to shake my head and ask what the heck I was doing! It was an eye opener (I immediately popped a calcium pill in my mouth).

Wish me luck! Here's to taking care of ourselves moms!
(sorry for the random rambling...just needed to vent!)

4 comments:

The Hargrave Family said...

GO GO VANESSA!!! I completely support you in your goal of healthiness! Can I just tell you that I made a casserole for dinner, and ate THE ENTIRE THING...except for the one itsy-bitsy-teeney-tiney piece that Matt ate. Disgusting. But you have motivated me to be better! Good Luck!

Judy said...

Yea been going trough the same thing. I was fat before prednisone....then Grrrr! Anyway I am trying. Not doing so good. Thanks for the pep talk!

Aubrey said...

Oh wow, how I feel your pain! I think you have retriggered my desire to get back on the "bike" and get myself back into the gym. Good luck!!

Amanda said...

I am wishing you the best of luck. I have committed myself to going to the gym at least three times a week. It can be hard somedays like today when I just got back from Louisiana, I have a ton of mail to sort through, a ton of calls to make, and I have to be at work at 5 pm to 1:30 a.m to make up a day of work I was off. But you motivated me....so here I go