The kids have started doing chores and earning allowances! Jacob and I came from very different houses, but at the end of the day, we feel that teaching them money management is really important, and they need to learn that upgrades and things that they want need to be saved for and bought in time. A little self restraint never hurt anyone right?! So, our journey begins. I never realized how much I wouldn't have to fight them to help out. One morning (before we started this) Kelton came into me in bed still and said, "Mom, just wanted to let you know I woke up early and did the dishes." Me, not sure what that meant thanked him and when I went to get bowls out of the dishwasher for breakfast, realized he had emptied the ENTIRE dishwasher! What a big boy! I realized that I wasn't using his abilities to his the fullest. And let me tell you, chores were made for this kid. He asks EVERY day if he can empty the dishwasher! He loves having something to do that is HIS job and he knows he does well. Its been my saving grace too...don't know what I would do without this boy! Chase and Taelin have smaller but definitely helping chores as well. Its such a fun life lesson to see them accomplish everyday. And they get so excited on "payday". :)
The rest of the pics are our practicing with smiles for our soon-to-be family pictures. I really want the smiling "so all our neck skin stretches" to stop...trying to get them to feel different smiles. I know, strange I'm sure, but hey- it'll save time later right? and they were great sports.
1 comments:
Such a cute bunch!
Post a Comment