Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time is flying!!

Lately, I've been having a major reflection on time and how it flies! I can't believe that Kelton is almost 4, Jake is almost 27, Chase is almsot 2 and we've almost been married for 5 years! When spring comes, these fun dates just fly by us. I am feeling reflective and realizing that my kids are growing up way too fast, and that although most days seem to go by slow, the months are flying and years are going even faster! Why can't these little ones be little longer? Why can't they grow slower now and then faster as teenagers? :) I'm sure that time will feel like it can't go fast enough.
So, I'm making a stand to really embrace everyday and not worry about the stupid things that I get caught up in, like laundry and dishes and making sure the playroom is all cleaned up. What really matters is enjoying this time with them, teaching them and making sure that we laugh everyday. I know we have fun, but I want to have a lot of fun, and put my heart where I know my real treasure is, in them.
Hopefully I will post soon some fun pictures of us doing our new activities. Something fun and new that's special...because they are so important to me.
Anyone have any great tradition ideas? We have a bunch during the holiday season, but we are encouraged to create wholesome recreation as a family...and besides family home evening and pancakes on saturday morning, I'd like to add some fun traditions.
We hope everyone is well and doing great! Keep in touch, because we LOVE hearing from all of you and how your families are doing!!!
Love, Vanessa

0 comments: