Monday, May 26, 2014

Anti Picture Holidays! Opps!

So, here is a view from the November collection. Haha. I didn't take any Christmas pictures! Or at least I haven't found any yet! Being so large and pregnant, we definitely only did one Christmas tree! We did minimal gifts (yes, even the big man in red) and didn't travel anywhere. I know I've got pictures somewhere...but no on this computer! So maybe I'll come back later and add pictures :) 

Things I remember about November/December: 
#1) Ryun, Daddy and Nick all grew facial hair, and while trying to take a picture of them all together Ryun was smiling from ear to ear, and then Nick said, "men with beards don't smile." and then they all cracked up. 
#2) it was so nice for Kimber and Lindsay's families to drive over here for Thanksgiving. Corey and Katey stopped at our house for a day while she was signing paperwork to work at ERMC! Yay! 
#3) Kimber is pregnant!!! Due in June. SOOOO excited about that. 
#4) Kyle and Courtney are loving Texas, and she's planning to come for the baby's arrival. Just so sad that we miss them during the holidays. :( 
#5) We had Thanksgiving at my parents house, and then saved the big meal with Jacob's family for when Nathan was here over Christmas break. 
#6) The holidays were pretty laid back, riiiiggght. Mommy did the Ward Christmas Party, it was fun. It was hard since the kids had been invited to go to a friends house for the night, but we wanted to be together. So, we tried to get the best of both worlds by letting Kelton and Taelin do half and half. Trying this compromise thing out. Wew. It's tiring. 
#7) Daddy's work party wasn't as big this year. Each kid got to see Santa and get a gift, but the stations weren't huge, just a movie and a take home craft. I think Chase and Taelin did Kelton's and Evan's crafts too...I think its an age group thing. 
#8) We took the kids to make their wish lists this year, and once they realized it was what THEY wanted, a few of them got over board (hhhmmm...namely Taelin, which kinda works out cause then its a christmas/birthday list too). We talk to the kids about not getting greedy and making sure they are asking for things that are age appropriate....because Santa won't bring things that mommy's and daddy's say no to :) 
#9) Nathan comes every Christmas, and brought the kids more Wii U games, and played Legos with the kids a ton. It was nice to have a mini babysitter here. And he's great company. He always stays with us, and I feel bad that Lois and Doug don't get the boys there often. So a few nights, I hung out with the kids and let the guys play games till the weee hours with their parents. I think they enjoyed spending time with just their boys. At least I hope so. Bed time is not easy 38 weeks pregnant and with 4 kids! :) 
#10) Last but not least, we officially got Christmas picked up and ready BEFORE the baby came! Taelin helped me get everything ready and I think I was seriously more prepared for #5 than I was for #1. 

Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to you! 




Maddi babysat for us one night, then stayed to hang out. She's awesome. We LOVE her to pieces!!!!

0 comments: