So, I feel the need to blog (altho no pics) about a GREAT and AMAZING day we had last week. It was a wierd day that I don't usually like, filled with chaios and bouncy kids waiting to go trick-or-treating.
We did all the errands on Friday (since Jacob had it off) and I cleaned the house. We woke up Saturday at 8:30! We ate yummy chocolate chip pancakes and sat in our pj's watching fun cartoons as a family until 11:00 ish. We had carved pumpkins the night before...so we got into a pumpkin craft for the kids to do. It was so fun to sit around the living room with papers, glue and scissors and do things together. Taelin's pumpkin even looked cute! Then we put Taelin down for a nap, and the boys and Daddy played games. We ate lunch, took showers and got ready so that by 3:00ish we headed to the mall to check out the Old Navy sale. Shopped for an hour while Jake had the kids at the play tree. Then....all of a sudden, people started coming out of the stores with bowls of candy! We trick or treated since we were right there...lucky the kids had their costumes on! We were out of there by 5:30 and headed to TEXAS Roadhouse cause we had a year old gift card! We all ate really well and enjoyed the food! Chase danced to "thriller" while eating chicken (it was halarious!) and the kids all ate. We were outa there in 50 minutes and then headed home to trick or treat about 7:00. We changed the kids' costumes to their "outside" costumes which were warmer and I headed out. After Jake being home for 15 minutes, decided he wanted to come with left the bowl of candy on the front porch. We trick or treated for 1 hour, came home and seperated the loot into bags. Taelin just wanted to hold hers from each house. And everytime someone would give Kelton chocolate...he'd say, "ahh..I can't eat that!" so we learned how to politely take it and then we'd trade at home with our milk-free stash.
The kids all zonked so quickly and Jake and I enjoyed our favorite T.V. show from the night before and an early bedtime! Seriously, it was a perfect day I just had to document to remember. I went to bed that night feeling SO happy.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
One of the best days ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great day! These days are the best!!!!!
Ahh...what a fun day.
I love days like that just hangin' with the fam.
I always think of the hymn Love At Home. It's true. When we're all in harmony it is like heaven on earth.
(Unfortunately the opposite can be true as well. Haha.)
Post a Comment