of
Dorothy Elizabeth Johnson
(my dad with his mom)

My heart is aching...so glad that I have the gospel. My grandma passed away almost 2 weeks ago from her battle with ovarian cancer that they found in February. When Marie was here, she watched the kids so Jacob, Lindsay and I could go down and see her one last time. The hardest thing I've ever had to do. As I sat and held her hand, I remember what those hands have done, and I hope to aspire to that someday. She was the most selfless, genuine, unjudgemental person I have ever met. I hold onto her advice to this day, knowing she cared and really loved me. Grandma, all my love. Until we meet again.
4 comments:
Even though you know you'll see her again it is so hard to let go of the ones you love. I'm so sorry she past and that you miss her. She sounds like a stand out woman.
I'm so sorry....it's always hard to lose loved ones - even with the knowledge of the gospel. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you are doing well.
Having known your Grandma I can understand your sense of loss. I can also say that you have plenty of her characteristics in you and that I'm sure she is very proud of you. What better way to honor someone's memory than to follow in their righteous example? Love and miss you!
So sorry to hear of your loss. Go greatful for the gospel, huh? Sure do love you guys!
Post a Comment