Kelton turned 8!
As a child, I always remember waking up and not feeling "different" on my birthday. I didn't feel older, I didn't feel like it was any other day, because most people celebrate their birthdays later in the day...so I had this idea that I wanted Kelton to wake up and feel like the day was different. Special. I decorated his bed and he is always so sweet to comment on the special little things we do for him. He said, "I was like wooh, there's a lot of decorations around this bed!"
Jacob worked swings this week, so we kept Kelton home from school for an hour and had a family breakfast (cupcakes!) and juice. He opened his gifts from us, and then we headed about our morning "get ready" routine. After school we had a basketball party at Leo's Place and the kids had a blast! We left straight from Leo's Place and Kelton got to attend his first scout meeting! What a big special day he had!
On Sunday we had a family dinner and Oma and Opa gave him their presents. He was very happy to have more cupcakes, icecream and enjoy the attention. He always (since he was 2) would direct his happy birthday song. I'm not sure he even remembers that he does it every year, but without fail we have a cute video of the birthday morning song and he was conducting away :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment