TICKET STORY: Kelton's shoes were soaked before we got there (we stayed at the campground and someone (talea) told him it was ok to get into the river (he's so gullable)), so I grabbed my ticket and his and we headed back to the campground through the empty parking lot since most of the people weren't there yet, we get to the campground, and no shoes for him (they were locked in the excursion and jacob had the keys in the park), so I grab Chase's shoes, we get 100 yds to the campground office and Kelton already has a blister. So, I RUN all the way back and get him socks while he hides behind a tree. :) K, So now we have socks and shoes and we're heading to get a bandaid and just wear those shoes till Lunchtime at the Park. I don't have my wallet (thank goodness i grabbed my phone), but we get to the main gate (after weaving through a 1/2 FULL parking lot) and I look into my pocket and NO TICKETS!!!! Urgh, I'm frustrated, my mind is racing and I'm so mad at myself for not doing what my mom suggested and going through the park first and exiting through the campground exit (not sure where it was, so I thought it would be faster to head back the way I knew). So, I see costumer service, I walk in a ask her what can I do, she says "NOTHING, I can sell you another ticket..." (um no thank you!) as I am crying. I call Jacob and ask him to come out...we get frustrated at eachother and I end up spazzing out and balling. I carry Kelton ALL the way back to the campground and scan the ground looking for the tickets, I stop at the campground office and see if they have it, NOPE. HONESTLY, who on EARTH would turn in a perfectly good TICKET that they can use to get in for FREE now! So, off Kelton and I go all the way back to the campground and look around, retracing our steps. No ticket. I cry, and cry. I must have looked like the world was gonna end. (it had been a fairly stressful week anyways, so some pent up stress just came streaming once I started crying) Kelton told me he didn't even care about going anymore. I told him he would love it, he hugged me and said everything would be ok (not one of my greatest moments). :) What a sweetie I have for a 7 yr old boy. My dad calls...."I'm coming, are you at the campground? I will come and we can buy you a new ticket." Something I REALLY didn't want to do! I was so frustrated and mad at myself!!!! So, we head back and try everything we can think of to get in dishonestly (rub off the stamp, go through the gate, etc.) not even thinking that someone else used it, just thinking it was lost. So, we head back to costumer service and I call Jacob again to come and bring all the other tickets. I show them all to a new lady and she finally gets the whole story instead of just shutting me down. She sees how much we paid for the others, sees me cryin again (we are 2 hours into it, you'd think i would have gained composure) and says she'll ask her boss. She talks to her boss, (the mean lady, remember?) and the boss lady says she can sell me them for the same price we bought them for ($27.95), and Jake flaps out his card right onto the counter. The boss then says casually, "for the 20 price." and the Girl at the desk thinks that means "$20", which she gives ME!!!! So, we finally get in at 12:00 instead of 10:30 like everyone else in our party....so Kelton and I hit his FIRST HUGE rollercoaster! (He was 47 1/2" and he had to be 47") He was so brave and did so well!
We had a blast the rest of the day and all the kids lasted till 11:00 PM! Evan even got to ride a few you had to have a parent for. The kids had a blast: Kelton went with Talea cause they are about the same height, Chase and Taelin were together and everyone got to have fun as a family and in mixed groups! thanks to Court and Kyle who let Jake and I head out together for the last hour! It was a blast! And thanks to everyone for coming and having so much fun. Definitely will have to be one for the tradition books!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment